Escape Pod

An Airstream renovation project

Monday, April 4, 2011

Completion date is set: 5-1-11

I've made huge progress over the last two weeks. Was able to get all the water lines connected and tested. The shower faucet connection leaks, but I just need to tighten the fittings. The gray water tank has a leak as well. I was told this the day I bought the Airstream, but was hoping it was just a loose connection. Will need to take it to a service facility for repair. All other fittings and PEX tubes appear to be leak-free. Let's hope it stays this way.

I also opted to do all the propane connections myself. Was going to get a plumber, but after reading how it's done, I figured I could take it on. I ran several leak tests, and I think I got everything tight. Going to run another test just to be sure.

I also fired up the furnace for the first time. It's surprisingly pretty quiet and it puts out some serious heat. Maybe even too much. But I won't complain.

Only mechanical things left to check are the toilet and the water heater. I just need to connect the water line on the toilet, and then it should be good to go. Will probably test the water heater later this week after I tighten the shower fittings.

Overall, it's been pretty exciting seeing everything come together. I really can't believe it has taken this long, but I also can't believe it has come together as nicely has it has.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home