Escape Pod

An Airstream renovation project

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Update #2: Shower pan

I've gone a little over budget, so I decided to not do a custom stainless shower. Instead, I decided to work with the original fixtures. The fiberglass shower pan was cracked in several places and had yellowed over time. It looked nasty. I first sanded it down, then used fiberglass patches to repair the cracks and then coated it in autobody bondo to smooth out the uneven textures. I never could get this looking as smooth as I wanted, but it was good enough for me. I then sprayed it with a white epoxy paint I found at Sherwin Williams called Tile Doc®. It's pretty durable and very flexible. We will see how it holds up under regular use.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home